Marinated Rump Steak with Tuscan Potatoes and French Beans
Preparation time: 40 minutes
900g rump steak
500g new potatoes
200g French beans
1 fat clove of garlic (crushed)
2 sprigs of Thyme (torn)
1 sprig of Rosemary (chopped)
4 table spoons of olive oil
1 glass of red wine
salt & pepper
- Turn the oven on to gas mark 7 (200°c)
- Put your new potatoes on to boil for approximately 12 minutes
- Whilst the potatoes are boiling, get a large freezer bag and pop your steak into it, pour in the wine, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, add the thyme, rosemary, a pinch of salt, pepper and the garlic. Seal the bag and then massage the marinade into the steak. Then set aside for 20 minutes.
- Put a baking tray in the oven for a few minutes to heat.
- Drain and cool the potatoes. Cut into half put into a bowl and add 2tbl spoons of olive oil add some salt, pepper and chopped rosemary - mix it all up to infuse for 2 minutes.
- Pour the new potatoes in the baking tray and give a good shake. Place on middle shelf for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Steam your green beans for about 4 minutes.
- Just before the potatoes are ready, get your griddle pan nice and hot and remove the steak from the marinade and pat dry with kitchen paper. Drizzle your pan with a little olive oil and then cook your steak for about 2-3 minutes each side (depending on how rare or well done you like it). Then let it rest on the carving board before slicing into nice portions.
- Serve the Roasted Tuscan potatoes and beans and enjoy with your bottle Cotes du Rhone 1er Cote 2007, La Ferme du Mont.
Over the past 3 years I have found the combination of Karl's expertise & enthusiasm to be an excellent way to enjoy wine. He always has something new for one to try while a prompt...