Marinated Rump Steak with Tuscan Potatoes and French Beans
Preparation time: 40 minutes
900g rump steak
500g new potatoes
200g French beans
1 fat clove of garlic (crushed)
2 sprigs of Thyme (torn)
1 sprig of Rosemary (chopped)
4 table spoons of olive oil
1 glass of red wine
salt & pepper
- Turn the oven on to gas mark 7 (200°c)
- Put your new potatoes on to boil for approximately 12 minutes
- Whilst the potatoes are boiling, get a large freezer bag and pop your steak into it, pour in the wine, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, add the thyme, rosemary, a pinch of salt, pepper and the garlic. Seal the bag and then massage the marinade into the steak. Then set aside for 20 minutes.
- Put a baking tray in the oven for a few minutes to heat.
- Drain and cool the potatoes. Cut into half put into a bowl and add 2tbl spoons of olive oil add some salt, pepper and chopped rosemary - mix it all up to infuse for 2 minutes.
- Pour the new potatoes in the baking tray and give a good shake. Place on middle shelf for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Steam your green beans for about 4 minutes.
- Just before the potatoes are ready, get your griddle pan nice and hot and remove the steak from the marinade and pat dry with kitchen paper. Drizzle your pan with a little olive oil and then cook your steak for about 2-3 minutes each side (depending on how rare or well done you like it). Then let it rest on the carving board before slicing into nice portions.
- Serve the Roasted Tuscan potatoes and beans and enjoy with your bottle Cotes du Rhone 1er Cote 2007, La Ferme du Mont.
`Tried the prawn recipe and the steak recipe over the weekend! Both were sensational!! Thank you Karl for the inspiration. This week we'll try the chicken in mustard cream sauce, sounds...