Creamy trout, leek and asparagus risotto
Recipe supplied by Vicky Ashley
300g Arborio rice
200g trout fillet (cut into cubes)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1 small white leek stem (sliced)
1 teaspoon chopped of fresh thyme
1 tablespoon chopped chives
1 glass white wine
1 litre chicken stock
1 tablespoon cream
150g of asparagus tips
150g diced butternut squash
70g grated Parmesan
Salt and pepper
1. Melt 40g butter and oil in a pan. Fry leek, garlic and butternut squash for 1 minute without browning.
2. Sizzle in the wine and thyme. Add in the rice and the chicken stock.
3. Bring to the boil. Simmer for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
4. Gently stir in the trout, the asparagus and the cream. Add a little more stock if necessary. Cover and simmer very gently for 3 minutes. Stir every minute till the rice is soft and creamy and the fish is cooked..
5. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the rest of the butter and half the chopped chives.
6. Serve hot. Sprinkle with Parmesan and chopped chives.
This is a very easy recipe to make for the whole family. It is delicious and nutritious and bursting with flavour!
Why not try this with our recommended wine of the month for June.
`Elwood Wines were a revelation. I had NO IDEA wine could taste that good. Having wine delivered is rather luxurious too! The only down side I've noticed is that I have lost interest in...